Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Book of Shadows

Re: New RPG: The Book of Shadows

Postby littlebro » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:52 am

bgillisp wrote:The teacher is by the Mana Crystals, to the left of the healing crystal.

Got her! I had indeed walked past her at least 5 times.
Thank you.

darkange wrote:I already killed it - I used the dmg return aura from Kira and since the snake was hitting for so much dmg it killed himself +::YAY ... so it is doable in chapter 2

I did that in Chapter 2 as well, but in addition to Kira's damage return, I also used Cedric's counterattack. Together a lethal combination, the snake went down in round 3. I was quite pleased with myself. That blasted chicken needed Eye for an Eye, though.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby bgillisp » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Lady JJ wrote:37 hours at that point. Understand that I am a very conservative player and will repeatedly walk a mile back to a healing crystal and save several times while clearing out a dungeon, so that number may be much higher than most players.

I have encountered one glitch-
Lost Earring Quest
I found the earring before I received the quest. When I received the quest, I had the reserve party as the others were still in jail in Minneapolis with all the items. When the party reunited, I returned to Thundermeadow. Ariella was really excited to have her earring back. There are 2 objectives to this quest:
1-Ariella lost her earring while visiting Tir Koraz. Find it and bring it back for her please.
2-I believe we found her earring. We should take this to Ariella when we get a chance.
1 is still white, 2 is greened out, reward is still white (even though Ariella gave me the Damage Protector), and the quest itself is still white. So even though I completed the quest, I'm not receiving credit for it and it's still listed under Active Quests.

I know I finished the quest, so it doesn't bother me having it remain active (and possible failed by game's end), but I felt I should still report it.

Wow. Sounds like you are in Chapter 6 now. Did you enjoy the Christmas party? :)

Thanks for the bug report. Usually it increases your side quest completed counter when you return the item, so you got credit on the one place that matters most. But yes it will probably still red it out when you cross the point of no return. I'll check into it more this weekend.

littlebro wrote:
bgillisp wrote:The teacher is by the Mana Crystals, to the left of the healing crystal.

Got her! I had indeed walked past her at least 5 times.
Thank you.

darkange wrote:I already killed it - I used the dmg return aura from Kira and since the snake was hitting for so much dmg it killed himself +::YAY ... so it is doable in chapter 2

I did that in Chapter 2 as well, but in addition to Kira's damage return, I also used Cedric's counterattack. Together a lethal combination, the snake went down in round 3. I was quite pleased with myself.

EDIT
This also worked with that blasted chicken. Nothing else did!

The chicken is meant to be beaten in Chapter 6 on up, though looks like it is doable earlier based on what you posted.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:54 pm

bgillisp wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:37 hours at that point. Understand that I am a very conservative player and will repeatedly walk a mile back to a healing crystal and save several times while clearing out a dungeon, so that number may be much higher than most players.

I have encountered one glitch-
Lost Earring Quest
I found the earring before I received the quest. When I received the quest, I had the reserve party as the others were still in jail in Minneapolis with all the items. When the party reunited, I returned to Thundermeadow. Ariella was really excited to have her earring back. There are 2 objectives to this quest:
1-Ariella lost her earring while visiting Tir Koraz. Find it and bring it back for her please.
2-I believe we found her earring. We should take this to Ariella when we get a chance.
1 is still white, 2 is greened out, reward is still white (even though Ariella gave me the Damage Protector), and the quest itself is still white. So even though I completed the quest, I'm not receiving credit for it and it's still listed under Active Quests.

I know I finished the quest, so it doesn't bother me having it remain active (and possible failed by game's end), but I felt I should still report it.

Wow. Sounds like you are in Chapter 6 now. Did you enjoy the Christmas party? :)

Ahh, the Christmas Party! Gotta love that Dwarven Dancing +::biggrin Loved the choreography.

Quest THM3: Research is Hard
I've been through the entire Tower of Storms (well, except for the purple door) and I can't find Luna's Weather Chronicle. I'm supposed to be going back to Elmwood but I wanted to complete unfinished quests first. Maybe I'm not supposed to be side-questing at this critical period? I'll return to the main quest then return to the Storm Tower.

Edit-I restored an earlier save just after Alex and the reserve party received the quest. I went to the Tower of Storms, raced up to the 4th floor, and the quest item was just where I expected it to be. But it's not there later when my full party in chapter 6 arrive.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby bgillisp » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
Ahh, the Christmas Party! Gotta love that Dwarven Dancing +::biggrin Loved the choreography.

Quest THM3: Research is Hard
I've been through the entire Tower of Storms (well, except for the purple door) and I can't find Luna's Weather Chronicle. I'm supposed to be going back to Elmwood but I wanted to complete unfinished quests first. Maybe I'm not supposed to be side-questing at this critical period? I'll return to the main quest then return to the Storm Tower.

Edit-I restored an earlier save just after Alex and the reserve party received the quest. I went to the Tower of Storms, raced up to the 4th floor, and the quest item was just where I expected it to be. But it's not there later when my full party in chapter 6 arrive.

The book should be in the inventory if you don't see it in the crate. I checked the event and the only check it does is if you are facing down, so something else would have to block that event from running. Can you try to turn it in and see if the game says you have the item?

Or did you maybe grab it in Chapter 5 before you got the quest? If so you should be able to turn it in by talking to them again as the inventories were merged at start of Chapter 6.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Ok, I'm in chapter 5 and can't find the cave to get Pete...any help would be appreciated. I went every where even out of the town areas away from the tower. And do they mean the red tower? I did check every wall area also. And I couldn't find the Pit either lol +::sos
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby bgillisp » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:20 pm

ZuluKat wrote:Ok, I'm in chapter 5 and can't find the cave to get Pete...any help would be appreciated. I went every where even out of the town areas away from the tower. And do they mean the red tower? I did check every wall area also. And I couldn't find the Pit either lol +::sos

It's the cave below the tower. You can access it from either tower from the basement. Head there, Pete will be on the NE side of the cave. If you see a Dragon by a healing crystal, that's him, walk up to him to use him to fly back to where you need to go.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby darkange » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:30 pm

@littlebro and @ bgillisp that battle chicken fight was crazy ... the viper fight was nothing compared to it ... I made an entire level on all characters after the fight - I couldn't find a strategy to beat it - eventually I used a combination of mana shield from the cheerleader girl(she resisted so much with it) + inflicting buffs on the chicken like curse + agi down + at down and using items like shield for the party and pixie in a bottle and other stuff .... I saw that the chicken was sensible to silence but I didn't had any silence spell so I thought it's pointless ...

that physical attack where she pecks at you and attacks like 20 times on her turn the entire party was insane

PS : can you permanently miss side quests in this game and are there any timed quests ? I don't want to lose stuff unnintentionaly
Last edited by darkange on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:05 pm

bgillisp wrote:The book should be in the inventory if you don't see it in the crate. I checked the event and the only check it does is if you are facing down, so something else would have to block that event from running. Can you try to turn it in and see if the game says you have the item?

Or did you maybe grab it in Chapter 5 before you got the quest? If so you should be able to turn it in by talking to them again as the inventories were merged at start of Chapter 6.

Returning to Elton does no good. Here are some screenshots
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr5uyoj9pfa85zn/BookOfShadows_ResearchQuest.jpg?dl=0

1-I have the quest
2-The Chronicle isn't in my inventory
3-Elton doesn't find the Chronicle when I return to him
4-The box is still empty

But, here's the weird part... I save every few hours and there is at least one save where the reunited party can go to the Tower, this is the initial entry to the tower, race upstairs evading all the monsters, and the Chronicle is in the box. So something happened after I killed off all the monsters in the tower to make this happen. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that I was completing side quests when I should have been focusing on the main quest. Not to worry.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby bgillisp » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:44 pm

darkange wrote:@littlebro and @ bgillisp that battle chicken fight was crazy ... the viper fight was nothing compared to it ... I made an entire level on all characters after the fight - I couldn't find a strategy to beat it - eventually I used a combination of mana shield from the cheerleader girl(she resisted so much with it) + inflicting buffs on the chicken like curse + agi down + at down and using items like shield for the party and pixie in a bottle and other stuff .... I saw that the chicken was sensible to silence but I didn't had any silence spell so I thought it's pointless ...

that physical attack where she pecks at you and attacks like 20 times on her turn the entire party was insane

Rapid pecking can be tough to handle. I'm going to adjust the attack pattern some though which may help.

darkange wrote:PS : can you permanently miss side quests in this game and are there any timed quests ? I don't want to lose stuff unnintentionaly

You can't miss one for good, though some will only show up when certain people are in the party. There is a point when many side quests will be closed off but you are warned when that will happen, and a note will be put in the quest journal too reminding you. If you want to know when that occurs:

Spoiler: show
Chapter 7.

Lady JJ wrote:
bgillisp wrote:The book should be in the inventory if you don't see it in the crate. I checked the event and the only check it does is if you are facing down, so something else would have to block that event from running. Can you try to turn it in and see if the game says you have the item?

Returning to Elton does no good. Here are some screenshots
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr5uyoj9pfa85zn/BookOfShadows_ResearchQuest.jpg?dl=0

1-I have the quest
2-The Chronicle isn't in my inventory
3-Elton doesn't find the Chronicle when I return to him
4-The box is still empty

But, here's the weird part... I save every few hours and there is at least one save where the reunited party can go to the Tower, this is the initial entry to the tower, race upstairs evading all the monsters, and the Chronicle is in the box. So something happened after I killed off all the monsters in the tower to make this happen. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that I was completing side quests when I should have been focusing on the main quest. Not to worry.

I wonder if it didn't copy the chronicle over when the inventories were merged in Chapter 6 for some reason, as the only check that would stop you from grabbing it is self switch A is ON. I can change it to check if already in inventory + another for once it is turned in, maybe that will fix it.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby darkange » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:51 pm

bgillisp wrote:You can't miss one for good, though some will only show up when certain people are in the party.

Wait .... you mean I need to have certain people in the active party of 4 in order to trigger them or the whole party counts ?
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby bgillisp » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 pm

darkange wrote:
bgillisp wrote:You can't miss one for good, though some will only show up when certain people are in the party.

Wait .... you mean I need to have certain people in the active party of 4 in order to trigger them or the whole party counts ?

Anywhere in the party counts. It also does not occur often, the times it does is when that person is the one talking to the quest giver instead of Alex.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby littlebro » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:55 am

bgillisp wrote:The chicken is meant to be beaten in Chapter 6 on up, though looks like it is doable earlier based on what you posted.

It is very tough in Chapter 2 although, unlike darkange, I'm doing this in Normal mode. I do think it's somewhat dependent on luck (not LUK) as the first time I tried I got the multiple pecking which was extremely hard to recover from. I saved that success and tried again, this time using Eye for Eye, and this time the multiple pecking was on Cedric, so the chicken did itself a lot of damage. But it requires a lot of thought and strategy to win at this stage, and is by no means certain. It would have been even more difficult if I hadn't upgraded a couple of weapons in *that* place, and found the Dwarfen Halbard in the caves.

I do have a fairly serious bug to report.
I was underwater and doing exploration so thought I'd see where the vine by the heal crystal took me, and of course it took me back ashore. No problem, I bought myself 8 flowers, went to the dock with the sparkles, accepted Yes, and then nothing. No matter what I did I was stranded. Picked up from a save, which fortunately wasn't too far back. On the other side I thought I'd see what happens if I went back to complete the Waterstone quest. On the Emberfield dock when I accepted Yes, there was the dialogue about eating the flowers and I was able to get back to the other side. However, once there the same thing happened again, no dialogue and I was stuck - though this time I'd made a save immediately before trying as a precaution.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:04 am

littlebro wrote:
bgillisp wrote:The chicken is meant to be beaten in Chapter 6 on up, though looks like it is doable earlier based on what you posted.

It is very tough in Chapter 2 although, unlike darkange, I'm doing this in Normal mode. I do think it's somewhat dependent on luck (not LUK) as the first time I tried I got the multiple pecking which was extremely hard to recover from. I saved that success and tried again, this time using Eye for Eye, and this time the multiple pecking was on Cedric, so the chicken did itself a lot of damage. But it requires a lot of thought and strategy to win at this stage, and is by no means certain. It would have been even more difficult if I hadn't upgraded a couple of weapons in *that* place, and found the Dwarfen Halbard in the caves.

I do have a fairly serious bug to report.
I was underwater and doing exploration so thought I'd see where the vine by the heal crystal took me, and of course it took me back ashore. No problem, I bought myself 8 flowers, went to the dock with the sparkles, accepted Yes, and then nothing. No matter what I did I was stranded. Picked up from a save, which fortunately wasn't too far back. On the other side I thought I'd see what happens if I went back to complete the Waterstone quest. On the Emberfield dock when I accepted Yes, there was the dialogue about eating the flowers and I was able to get back to the other side. However, once there the same thing happened again, no dialogue and I was stuck - though this time I'd made a save immediately before trying as a precaution.

I don't have this Eye for an eye yet .... at first I thought you were using just the expression lol
Side note : who pays 1000 DB just to sleep at the gaming area when you can pay only 20/40 DB at a regular inn ? crazy people +::stop
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:10 am

darkange wrote:I don't have this Eye for an eye yet .... at first I thought you were using just the expression lol
Side note : who pays 1000 DB just to sleep at the gaming area when you can pay only 20/40 DB at a regular inn ? crazy people +::stop

Are you sure you don't? I got it from a book which was either a find or a reward, don't remember which, called something like Defending a Maiden, which gives Cedric his tier 3 Protector skills. You can also buy it, iirc, if you return to the Pit anytime in Chapter 2. There's a new skeleton standing in the selling area.

EDIT
@bgillisp - further to what I said about beating the chicken in Chapter 2 - I'm the sort of player who tries to do as many things early as possible. So I took on the Alpha Skeletons right back at the beginning (and won) and am now ignoring the warning that the enemies in Northpass Mountains are too difficult for me, to see if I can get some high end gear. This also gives me a couple of 'spare' levels if I meet something unexpected. Though iirc, there was a notification early in the game that if I'm too high, things will just run away from me, which wouldn't be much fun, so I'll have to watch that.
Last edited by littlebro on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:31 am

I will have to rectify my statement : I have the eye of an eye skill at " learning skill " option ... I just didn't learned it yet .... when I was fighting the chicken ... and I don't have enough SP for now ....

You are further away in the game than me - but I am glad you take the same approach as me - defeat the alpha skeletons in the beginning and so on ... I also try to do everything - I am still at the Crossroads and I try to do everything first - completed some side quests - the chicken and the meteorite mine quest - now I want to try the arena on every level and see if I can win - then go back to the mine and clear it from those nasty worms - then visit 2/3 other towns there that are left ... then finally move to the main plot :razz:
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers