Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

LF's Spinoff. A Major Turnoff

LF's Spinoff. A Major Turnoff

Postby ouahmed » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:08 pm

So, hey. It's been a while since I logged into the website.
I recieved an email yesterday informing me that a new Aldorlea Games RPG has been released, to my surprise, it wasn't LF's sequel, or so I thought.
I was inspecting the email and scrolling down when I happened to come across something that really caught my eye, and had me read the whole thing thouroughly. Yes, it was LF's sequel. Shocking.

Before I start talking about my thoughts on what I've seen so far, I have to ask the following questions:
1. Why did it take this long to develop the game? Why was it delayed this long?
-Millennium's Parts (if I remember correctly) Were all released one by one with an interval of three months. The hype remained, and the series was most enjoyable.

2. Why is the game abandoning the 'Laxius S' everyone's been so excited about for years? And why's the name changed?

I am honestly turned off after everything I've seen in the email, and I'm completely disappointed. Everything I thought the game would feature wasn't really there. Instead, the features and overall looks (sorry if I'm harsh) are completely bad, in my opinion of course:

The Sprite design, Map elements, Fonts, and Fights are completely different. I, for one, expected the old style of LF to be manifested here as appreciation for one of the greatest RPG series of them all imo. The new design looks deplorable, and completely kills everything the old LF stood for. One thing I'm also irritated about is the old Character Images. I wonder why those didn't change?

I don't know much about the Plot, though it was written 6 years ago, but for a game to take this long to be developed and released unlike its predecessors, makes me want to just forget about it. I am completely sorry to say that the old LF fan hype that was instilled in me 6 years ago, is gone.

Fun Fact: Much like the situation with Half-Life 3, people died waiting for LF's sequel to be released. And here it is...
ouahmed
Wanderer

Re: LF's Spinoff. A Major Turnoff

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:32 am

The email announced a new release by "Valkyria", not "Aldorlea" (IronBorn).

Also, it didn't announce any LF "sequel".
I'll make and release LF's sequel when the conditions are appropriate for it. It hasn't been 6 years in the making. I've made other games during that period, like Witch Hunt or Little Hearts.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:41 am

? Just and game is only 4 hours??
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 pm

I think it's IronBorn that is 4 (or maybe) 5 hours long.
The spin-off game will be longer than this.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:03 pm

IronBorn i mean...

4 or 5 hours... +:::| are that just chapter?
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Return to Fortress of Hell - Help and Questions