Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S FOREVER HEROES IS OUT!!!!!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S FOREVER HEROES IS OUT!!!!!!!!!

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:16 pm

The green slime "h" is not registering health deletion. Bug? Idk battles 1/2 hr with it had to cold reboot as already mentioned above alt/enter wouldn't work. I guess I'll skip this battle for now. Haven't had any other problems yet. Oops will try the alt f4.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Indinera wrote:If you can tell me where exactly, I'll fix it. :)

It was when the pink one introduced herself and babbled on for some time. I really don't know how far into her speech it was.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Just discovered I can only save in first 2 spots, after that they don't even light up!!

Are you sure? That seems impossibly weird. It's not even something I can really parameter (or that ever happened to me).
At this point I'd advise to wait for my upload to finish, then redownload and reinstall the game, using the new installation path. Sadly my shitty connection says 76% right now but hopefully about 20-30 more minutes to go.

Also, any chance of adding a quest book?

There is a sort of quest book in the sense that you get scrolls for each unlocked and completed quests. They can be checked directly from the inventory menu.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:22 pm

The green slime "h" is not registering health deletion.

What do you mean?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:23 pm

titaness wrote:Oh boy, here I am again.... Just discovered I can only save in first 2 spots, after that they don't even light up!!

I knew I forgot something. Yes, I don't see a quests tab. What I do see are so-and-so many quests of relics and rooms and heros in the Items section. But they don't do anything when I click on them. But yes, a quests tab is definitely missing.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Valdy wrote:
Indinera wrote:If you can tell me where exactly, I'll fix it. :)

It was when the pink one introduced herself and babbled on for some time. I really don't know how far into her speech it was.

I think I caught it, thanks. +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Valdy wrote:
titaness wrote:Oh boy, here I am again.... Just discovered I can only save in first 2 spots, after that they don't even light up!!

I knew I forgot something. Yes, I don't see a quests tab. What I do see are so-and-so many quests of relics and rooms and heros in the Items section. But they don't do anything when I click on them. But yes, a quests tab is definitely missing.

The scrolls are there to remind you what you need to do. Each time you unlock a new sidequest, you get one of these scrolls.
When you complete it, you get a "completion scroll" instead, to keep track of how many you've completed (and which ones).
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Certainly not a deal breaker, but if you are going to tweak a few things anyway...
Is there any way you can get the SAVE option to default to the last game saved? Mine defaults to the first saved file each time and then I have to manually remember/select which saved file I'm using. Not so important right now as I only have 3 saved file slots being used, but when I'm 20... 30... 40... hours into the game, this will become tedious and also most likely result in overwriting a saved file I had intended to keep. Again, not a deal breaker, but it would be nice.

LOAD defaults to the last saved game, so that's a good thing.

On the whole, though, gameplay is very smooth. It was nice to see classic Indy touches, such as the 'path to a deadend' hint for secret rooms. So far, I've been able to find the first few secret rooms without the need to consult the guide. Gotta love those secret rooms!!! +::Dance
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:30 pm

In the slime quest, I'm not sure if it's the last battle at that cave area or not there 8 slimes and Slime H is not showing depletion of health when attacked. I kept attacking it registered attacks from the players but didn't delete the health from it's health bar.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:33 pm

ZuluKat wrote:In the slime quest, I'm not sure if it's the last battle at that cave area or not there 8 slimes and Slime H is not showing depletion of health when attacked. I kept attacking it registered attacks from the players but didn't delete the health from it's health bar.

As far as I can tell, it's a normal enemy. He does have a big defense, though. Try using Marlyn's Thunder Spell or Busho's Orc Grimace.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Used those plus devour, god I love that skill!!! So 1/2 hr for that battle is norm? But shouldn't it register on slime's health bar? Oh, characters are great too. Do I need to re-download yet since I purchased and skipped the demo?
Last edited by ZuluKat on Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:38 pm

Certainly not a deal breaker, but if you are going to tweak a few things anyway...
Is there any way you can get the SAVE option to default to the last game saved? Mine defaults to the first saved file each time and then I have to manually remember/select which saved file I'm using. Not so important right now as I only have 3 saved file slots being used, but when I'm 20... 30... 40... hours into the game, this will become tedious and also most likely result in overwriting a saved file I had intended to keep. Again, not a deal breaker, but it would be nice.

Writing it down and will try to see if that's possible when my PC gets a bit faster instead of being swamped down in uploading sessions.

LOAD defaults to the last saved game, so that's a good thing.

+::Thumbup

On the whole, though, gameplay is very smooth. It was nice to see classic Indy touches, such as the 'path to a deadend' hint for secret rooms. So far, I've been able to find the first few secret rooms without the need to consult the guide. Gotta love those secret rooms!!!

A lot have hints, but it requires to be very observant. +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:41 pm

ZuluKat wrote:Used those plus devour, god I love that skill!!! So 1/2 hr for that battle is norm? But shouldn't it register on slime's health bar? Oh, characters are great too. Do I need to re-download yet since I purchased and skipped the demo?

Thanks. I generally defeat it quite fast. Not sure what's happening there. Maybe try and send me your savefile to see if I can spot anything out of ordinary?

As for the full game.
I think you can redownload and reinstall it now, as the build has been uploaded.
It will also feature the new installation path since I think the old one was causing the saving glitches.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Only have the save file from before entering that area. I'll just re-download and hope for the best. I'll see if it happens again after that.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby bgillisp » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 pm

About the saving thing, I can offer some advice which may explain it. The RPGMaker used for this engine requires all filenames and directories to follow networking rules, which means no spaces can exist in the directory names. In fact, if any file has spaces in it too you could hit an error as well.

Some symbols are not allowed either, but I don't remember exact details on which ones.

Anyways, that may help explain it if anyone else hits it. So don't install the game in a directory where any directory in the tree has spaces, else it will have problems.
bgillisp
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions