Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Aplestia Retold

Aplestia Retold

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:19 am

APLESTIA RETOLD

$16.99

Image Image

This is the latest game by Orfeas Game Studio.
Their first offering, The Deal, was a massive success on Aldorlea, ranking 3rd of 2017.
Their previous one, Shattered Wolds, was also a pretty big release, ranking 3rd of 2020.

Please note that the game has a $7.99 65-page guide available for purchase:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

Aplestia:Retold unfolds the story of Britton, Summer, Rover and Marina, four friends that went on their first S Class Quest, by mistake! Even though they are still rookie adventurers, they will try their best to tackle on a difficult, gem-related and full of mystery adventure! Follow their steps as they travel on the colorful and gem-monster pested Aplestia island! They will have to find secrets, solve problems, defeat various enemies and complete many quests!

For the most part, this adventure will challenge your exploration prowess. Secret rooms, super secret rooms, ancient ruins and hidden places are all there, waiting to be discovered. Moreover, be ready to utilize a plethora of skills, spells and permanent stat boosts to maximize your strategy! How about epic weapons, armors and rings? Unlockable mini-dungeons that will test your wit and powers? Shops, side quests and interactive objects and characters? Everything mentioned and even more are ready to be explored in Aplestia:Retold!

Will Britton, Summer, Rover and Marina be able to help the people of the island? Will they put a stop to darkness’ plan? Can they explore the entire island and help out the people of Aplestia? Dive into the adventure and find out!

Aplestia:Retold is the remade version of the 2017 game Aplestia. It features double the content, more story, lore and information about the world, new stages and challenges. In addition, many new quests and places are waiting for you to explore them and new characters and monstres are waiting for you!

FEATURES:

True Fullscreen mode from the Options
Choose Window Skins from the Options
Controller/touch/keyboard/mouse support
FPS Synchronization option for newer monitors
Choose your difficulty option
Quick Combat!
Colorful, full of gems areas
6 secret rooms with a visual cue
10 super secret rooms
Epic Weapons, Armors and Rings
Fun and unique characters to interact with
26 side quests – trackable with a Quest Log
Virtual Notepad
Save your progress anywhere you want
Visible, non-respawning enemy encounters
Mini-bosses and optional Bosses to challenge your strategy
28 unique music tracks
Over 12 hours of gameplay, depending on the difficulty and exploration

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Aplestia Retold

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:29 pm

Played the first Aplestia, so let's hope this remake is just as good. +::Thumbup

Just an FYI, Indi, but the links on this site complain about not finding a source file so it won't download after purchase. But the BMT links worked just fine.

There is a minor passage issue in the hole outside the cave with the slime quest where you can climb where you would normally not be able to. I have a screenshot, but cannot attach images on this site. I'll read the guide and see if it was an intentional design for a top-secret room I missed.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:46 pm

Just an FYI, Indi, but the links on this site complain about not finding a source file so it won't download after purchase.

What do you mean, I don't understand. Which link?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby sjr223 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:01 pm

Every minute or so I keep getting the error message ... Failed to load Attack-at-the-lood-River.ogg. I had to hit space bar to move on. I closed the game and reloaded ...... seems to work now
sjr223
Bard

Postby kimo » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:11 pm

Indinera wrote:
Just an FYI, Indi, but the links on this site complain about not finding a source file so it won't download after purchase.

What do you mean, I don't understand. Which link?

Immediately after the purchase is completed, the customer sees a page with download links for the product. All 3 links for both the game and manual (2 transactions) commented some "source file" was not found and to try later. The links in the BMT emails worked though. Something may have just burped, but I wanted you to be aware of it in case it happened to anyone else. I've never had a link give that error message before.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:27 pm

sjr223 wrote:Every minute or so I keep getting the error message ... Failed to load Attack-at-the-lood-River.ogg. I had to hit space bar to move on. I closed the game and reloaded ...... seems to work now

I had the same problem. Was wondering if this version is different at all from the first as it appears to be the same? I will still buy it but was wondering why not make a completely new episode rather than a remake? It would have been cool to have a resurrection of the demon or another problem all together. Just my opinion.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:48 pm

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy Aplestia's remake to the fullest! There are a ton of new things, new story elements, new strategies and many adventures in here! Oh, it's my first time creating a guide, too! So, please, if anyone purchased, do tell me if I did an alright job or I need to improve on some aspects! Have fun and thank you all for the support! It means a lot!

kimo wrote:There is a minor passage issue in the hole outside the cave with the slime quest where you can climb where you would normally not be able to. I have a screenshot, but cannot attach images on this site. I'll read the guide and see if it was an intentional design for a top-secret room I missed.

Hello, kimo! Sounds like an oversight on my part. Could you pinpoint the exact tile, so that I can fix it? You can host the screenshot on a third-party site and link it or just drop me an e-mail. Or... just go like "starting from the hole's entrance, X steps right and Y steps up" or something. Thank you for the support and I hope you enjoy Aplestia:Retold!

sjr223 wrote:Every minute or so I keep getting the error message ... Failed to load Attack-at-the-lood-River.ogg. I had to hit space bar to move on. I closed the game and reloaded ...... seems to work now

Sorry about this issue, sjr223! There's a file missing in the DEMO, that's why you get this message. I will update it today!
(edit) UPDATE: The new version of the Demo is up for download! Please, uninstall the current version, redownload and reinstall to play without interruptions.

ZuluKat wrote:I had the same problem. Was wondering if this version is different at all from the first as it appears to be the same? I will still buy it but was wondering why not make a completely new episode rather than a remake? It would have been cool to have a resurrection of the demon or another problem all together. Just my opinion.

Hello ZuluKat! I decided to remake the introductory game of the "Aplestia team", because I needed to add a lot of extra stuff, raise the game design level, explain the story, add more lore, information and characters and to prepare for the next "episode" with the same team on a new adventure. Otherwise, there would have been many inconsistencies with the story and the characters. At first, Aplestia was created as a standalone game, but now it's added to the whole "The Deal" universe and everything leads to certain point story-wise, in conjuction with The Deal and Shattered Worlds. I hope you enjoy the remake! Any critique/recommendation would be more than welcome!
Last edited by OrfeasGS on Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:02 pm

Hello Orfeas, and thanks for this extended version of Aplestia.

And yes, I too get an error message loading. It happened when I started fighting the first crystalized person. It says:

Loading Error
Failed to load:audio/bgm/Attack_at_the_Blood_River.ogg

I can still fight by justcontinuing to click on the SPACE bar, but yes, that error message is there continuously.

Additional: And now that I am out of that cave again, the error still comes up. It appears every few seconds.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Hello, Valdy! The Demo version has been updated and the "missing file" error has been fixed.

To update to the new Demo version, completely uninstall the current one, redownload the file and install again. This update does not affect the full version, since it didn't have the missing file issue.

Bug tracking:
Spoiler: show
The file missing was being called by the boss fight inside Gemmia Cavern. Since the game wasn't able to locate the file, it was contistently asking for it with a message, stopping gameplay every some seconds. The file was added in the Demo version 1.0.2 and everything seems to be working correctly now.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:54 pm

Thank you very much, Orfeas. I will uninstall the old demo and install the new one.

Many thanks for the many wonderful games you offer us.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:04 pm

+::heart
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:32 pm

kimo wrote:
There is a minor passage issue in the hole outside the cave with the slime quest where you can climb where you would normally not be able to. I have a screenshot, but cannot attach images on this site. I'll read the guide and see if it was an intentional design for a top-secret room I missed.

Hello, kimo! Sounds like an oversight on my part. Could you pinpoint the exact tile, so that I can fix it? You can host the screenshot on a third-party site and link it or just drop me an e-mail. Or... just go like "starting from the hole's entrance, X steps right and Y steps up" or something. Thank you for the support and I hope you enjoy Aplestia:Retold!

PM me your email when you get a chance so I can send you the image. The passage issue should be obvious once you get the image, but let me know if you have any questions.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby polarbr » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:31 am

Where do I find the mining tool - specifically the pick ax? I'm running into caves where I need to use the pick ax to remove piles of stone (not to mention the quest to get crystals from some stones in the beginning of the game). I see pick ax's around, but can't pick them up and so far, no one's selling them.

Please help!

Never mind - just backtracked and found someone willing to sell me one.
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:57 am

Polarbr, you have to buy the pickaxe from a guy in the bar or Inn.

--- --- ---

Orfeas, I am replaying "The Prophecy Lies". I had completely forgotten that, the same as in "The Deal", I can buy a "town" in this game as well.

I hope a future game will have the same features as those two games. They are my favourite.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby rpsmith » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:33 am

now this is the type of game I really like. I was able to finish the game without having to use the guide and I was able to complete all but one quest that I got.
rpsmith
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers