BURNING FAITH

$19.99

Image Image

This game features an Instructions Manual:
https://www.aldorlea.org/Guides/Burning ... Manual.pdf

Please also note that the game also comes with a 68-page $6.99 strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

War is raging. The entire kingdom is about to collapse, as the mysterious vampire Chronus restlessly orders his troops to attack rebels and survivors over and over.

Valerie's future husband and paladin Martin left to fight the oppressor, but never came back. As her friends Lena and Sabrina struggle to comfort her, Valerie's mind is obsessed by no other than ONE thing: challenge the impossible, and go after her true love.

She doesn't know it yet, but her personal quest will impact the entire world!
As she befriends new companions along the way, the young lady and her two childhood friends, strangers to the battlefield at first, learn to fight, improve their strength, and eventually become leaders of the rebellion!

With its great production values, beautiful art and epic fantasy quest, Burning Faith is a Tactical RPG in the classic style of Feda the Emblem of Justice and Shining Force, that will satisfy the itch of T-RPG and RPG fans alike.

FEATURES:

13 playable characters with different profiles, strengths and weaknesses
28 exciting and tactical battles of increasing difficulty
About 20 hours of strategic and immersive gameplay
A New Game+ to replay the game with an extra character
Skills that evolve to Level 2 and 3 depending on use: choose which skills to favor in battle, resulting in unlimited combinations, strategies and ways of playing
Pure tactics and strategy: the troops, both allies and enemies alike, never do a critical and their damage are estimated before an action is decided, plus only a few selected enemies can evade, resulting in no miss most of the times
Adjustable Battle Animations Speed: 4 different levels for maximum enjoyment!
Mouse Control
Great Replay Value! While the main quest lasts about 20 hours, you may want to replay this game over and over to refine your strategy and/or discover new ways of playing, not to mention New Game+

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :) +::Thumbup
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Burning Faith

Postby GrannyC » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:26 pm

I downloaded the demo and try playing it. I hate the battle system. It is too complicated and awkward to play. +::cry
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:13 am

@GrannyC
I concur. I am soooooo confused and I have even read the Free Instruction Manual. I still haven't figured out how to attack with any other mode than Auto Battle and I am playing on Easy mode where you can save every turn during a battle. +::Dunno

This game's battle mechanics is very different than the typical RPGMaker game and could really use a battle tutorial built into the first forest battle. But the mapping is good from what I have encountered.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Samcry » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:30 am

Hello Aldorlea community, I did make a short tutorial included in the first battle, but it seems it wasn't good and explanatory enough :(

I'll try to explain better (step-by-step) how the battle system works so you can enjoy Burning Faith :)

1. The battle begins. You see the name of the area as well as your objective. If you explore the map with your mouse or the directional arrows, you can also see all the enemies and your characters, who are generally gathered at the bottom of the map.

2. Your turn begins. Select one of your characters by moving the cursor over them and press ENTER/SPACEBAR (or left-click if you're using the mouse) once to see their move range (indicated with blue squares) and attack range (indicated with a yellow area). Move range means how far they can go in one turn, weapon range means the spots they can hit with their normal attack after they've moved.

3. Pick a position among the ones available (indicated by blue squares) and position your character on the battlefield by clicking on the blue square of your choice. A red arrow will indicate for confirmation the move you're about to perform.

4. Click again to validate the move (or press ESC/right-click to cancel it and pick another one). Your character will perform the desired move and as a result, a menu of possible actions will automatically pop up.

5. Actions are pretty common to all RPG.

Select "Attack" to attack with your weapon (whose range is indicated in yellow)
    Select "Magic" to use one of your spells (if any)
    Select "Skill" to use one of your skills (if any)
    Select "Item" to use an item from your inventory

If you have nothing to do, just select "Wait" and the cursor will automatically move to the next character.
You can repeat steps 1 to 5 with each character until you've played them all.

6. If there is an enemy nearby, most of the times you should attack them or pick a spell (or a skill) to target them, instead of picking "Wait". A recap screen will display your character, the enemy you're targeting, and an estimation of the damage they will receive (at bottom/right).
Make sure to click on "Fight" at the bottom of the screen to validate your action (Attack, a spell, a skill etc).

7. If you attack (or target an enemy), this will prompt a sideview battle sequence, showing the result of your action.

8. Once your turn is over (ie you've played all your characters), monsters will attack, which is called the "Enemy Phase". Once the Enemy Phase is over, if at least one of your characters is still alive, it's your turn again, and you can assign new positions and actions to each of your remaining characters, by repeating steps 1 to 7 until you either win or the monsters do.

While it may seem a bit complicated at first, it's really smooth and easy after you get used to it ;)
Kindly let me know if something is still unclear and I'll do my best to make it clearer.
Last edited by Samcry on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samcry
Peasant

Postby Madmar » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:21 pm

I am also confused about the battle system even after reading the instructions. Too much for me. Sorry
Madmar
Explorer

Postby bgillisp » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:25 pm

Feels like Fire Emblem then based on those directions. I'll see if I can give it a shot during the break coming up.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby Rabbit » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:15 am

Burning Faith is certainly quite different from the games we usually find on Aldorlea. I think that's why people are so confused. It definitely helps to have played strategy games like this before. It feels a little weird doing it in a rpg-maker game, but I didn't have problems getting through the demo. If anyone played the World's End series by Mezzanine Stairs, before the demise of Adobe Flash, Burning Faith seems structured kind of like that.

A couple questions:
The tutorial in the first battle said there was a damage boost when attacking from behind or from the side, but I am not sure that I saw a difference. Maybe there was but I was just confused. How much is this boost?
And if face direction matters a lot, is there a way to adjust the direction of the last player to move before the enemy turn?
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:14 am

This is a tactical RPG, it's an entire genre in itself, and indeed quite different from the games I've made. It's more based on strategy than exploration, personally I like T-RPG very much in general but I understand they might take a bit of practice to get used to.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Samcry » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:37 am

Burning Faith is certainly quite different from the games we usually find on Aldorlea. I think that's why people are so confused. It definitely helps to have played strategy games like this before. It feels a little weird doing it in a rpg-maker game, but I didn't have problems getting through the demo. If anyone played the World's End series by Mezzanine Stairs, before the demise of Adobe Flash, Burning Faith seems structured kind of like that.

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated +::Thumbup

A couple questions:
The tutorial in the first battle said there was a damage boost when attacking from behind or from the side, but I am not sure that I saw a difference. Maybe there was but I was just confused. How much is this boost?

Respectively 30% extra and 10% extra.

And if face direction matters a lot, is there a way to adjust the direction of the last player to move before the enemy turn?

Yes there is and unless I'm mistaken it was mentioned in the in-game tutorial. You can adjust the direction of any character by placing the cursor on them and pressing ESC as many times as needed.
If you have any other question, feel free to ask :)
Samcry
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Instructions manual has been updated to include the step-by-step tutorial.

https://www.aldorlea.org/Guides/Burning ... Manual.pdf
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Rabbit » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:28 pm

Samcry wrote:

Yes there is and unless I'm mistaken it was mentioned in the in-game tutorial. You can adjust the direction of any character by placing the cursor on them and pressing ESC as many times as needed.
If you have any other question, feel free to ask :)

Thank you, yes I did see this in the in-game tutorial. I can adjust the first 3 characters just fine using ESC as you describe. But after the 4th character does his/her action, we go directly to "Enemy Phase" without the chance to adjust that last character's direction?
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:30 pm

it took a while to adapt to the battle system. Why can't I go to the chests in game and collect the goodies? I kept dying because there's no items except for 1 life potion. I believe I have started over more than any other game I've ever played. I would've loved this game with any other battle system. I will give it another go before 86'ing it. The story line is good, love the artwork! Oh, I did have a couple freezes during battles.

Ok read the manual on opening chests that Indy posted. Thanks!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Samcry » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:27 am

I recommend the following:
* Position your characters so they don't fall within range of the enemies (unless you want to bait them)
* keep your characters close together
* try to bait enemies which are not moving with a strong character, like Sabrina
* do not uselessly expose weaker characters
* use ESC to avoid turning your back to the enemies

But after the 4th character does his/her action, we go directly to "Enemy Phase" without the chance to adjust that last character's direction?

Indeed the last one to play doesn't have enough time to be repositioned before the enemy side attacks, which is a parameter to include in your strategy.
Samcry
Peasant

Postby Rabbit » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:36 am

I've gotten a bit further in. Valerie learned a skill that boosts Luck. But what is Luck used for in this game? I read the description saying there are no critical hits, so it's not for that. I don't see Luck in the damage formula for any of the other skills either.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby Samcry » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:32 am

Rabbit wrote:I've gotten a bit further in. Valerie learned a skill that boosts Luck. But what is Luck used for in this game? I read the description saying there are no critical hits, so it's not for that. I don't see Luck in the damage formula for any of the other skills either.

This is included in the instructions manual, let me quote it for you:

Both TP and MP can be slightly replenished after a turn is over.
 Each character (and enemy) has their AGI total out of 100 chances to get
+2 TP. For instance an AGI of 80 gives you 80% chances to get +2 TP
each turn.
 Similarly each character and enemy has their LUK total out of 100
chances to get +1 MP. Therefore, a LUK of 80 gives you 80% chances to
get +1 MP each turn.

Since Fortunetellers buffs LUCK, it increases your chance to get +1MP each turn.
Samcry
Peasant

Next

Return to Games from other Developers