Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:56 pm

WHEN THE LIGHT DIES

$16.99

Image Image
Image Image

This is a collaboration between long-time partners Aldorlea and Gemelle (Undefeated, The Tale of a Common Man etc) +::heart 8)

STORY:

Rick is a mercenary – but even a mercenary can be a hero, especially if it involves his self respect. After a commission goes wrong he has to fix the resulting mess: a woman’s life in danger and the loss of his fee.

The party he eventually leads is no dream; a woman with no battle experience, her spurned lover, the lover’s valet (who doesn’t want to be there, and who wants his master to marry someone else) and a mage who has been out of action for 92 years. The thing that binds them together is a possessed knife which is drawing Anna into deeper and deeper darkness. When the light is finally extinguished for her, she will be destroyed.

With only the smallest clue to start with, they must find out what is possessing the knife and how to free Anna from it. And they don’t have a lot of time, less than they think.

Will they succeed? That is entirely up to you.

FEATURES:

Battle

* Predictive Charge Turn Battle System (PCTB) so that you can adapt your strategy to how the battle is going, rather than guess how it might go.
* Battle Bonuses based on how many enemies are personally defeated by each individual character.
* Five characters in the active party to give a greater strategic choice.

Customisation

* Choose in which order to learn many of your skills.
* Choose your difficulty level: Easy, Normal, Hard, Legendary.
* Rename your characters – if you want to.
* Bonuses after every 3 completed Quests for you to choose from.

General

* About 10 hours of playtime.
* Side quests and Secret Rooms to discover.
* Plenty of exploring to do – giving you an Exploration Count at the end of the game. Will you win bragging rights or decide you simply must do better next time?

SCREENSHOTS:

HAVE FUN!! +::wizard +::clap +::wizard +::Dance
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:21 am

I bought it, now I'm going to play it. +::YAY
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:29 am

Me too! Gonna start tomorrow because I've been drinking wine tonight. Damn! +::Zzzz
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:11 am

Just loaded it up.
Great opening cut scene.
I've decided to keep the canon names for this first playthrough.
A lot of attention to detail, even down to the way the party goes in and out of doors. I don't remember seeing it done this way before. And I love the Djinn Save Lamp, such a nice change from the default Save Crystal. Though I seem to remember that Kes has something different for this in each game.
I've only done a few battles, but already I appreciate the PCTB battle system. It's a real help to know who is going to be acting when, and being able to see who will act before/after the enemy.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:22 am

if you simply click the download button ... it says url not found ... only the buy options works ? :)))
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:42 am

Try now?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Lady JJ wrote:I bought it, now I'm going to play it. +::YAY

Thank you! Have fun!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

kimo wrote:Me too! Gonna start tomorrow because I've been drinking wine tonight. Damn! +::Zzzz

Wine is good too. Have fun now! :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:43 am

littlebro wrote:Just loaded it up.
Great opening cut scene.
I've decided to keep the canon names for this first playthrough.
A lot of attention to detail, even down to the way the party goes in and out of doors. I don't remember seeing it done this way before. And I love the Djinn Save Lamp, such a nice change from the default Save Crystal. Though I seem to remember that Kes has something different for this in each game.
I've only done a few battles, but already I appreciate the PCTB battle system. It's a real help to know who is going to be acting when, and being able to see who will act before/after the enemy.

The battle system is a lot of fun! And Rick is FAST +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:31 am

Indinera wrote:Try now?

yep it works ... the soundtrack in the first town after you leave the forest is absolutely amazing ... too bad the music goes waaay down when you enter a house - you can barelly hear it anymore - if you can change that that would be great +::YAY
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:36 am

darkange wrote:
Indinera wrote:Try now?

yep it works ... the soundtrack in the first town after you leave the forest is absolutely amazing ... too bad the music goes waaay down when you enter a house - you can barelly hear it anymore - if you can change that that would be great +::YAY

Yeah the music is amazing IN GENERAL.
Very atmospheric and poetic at times.

I think it's on purpose that it gets subdued indoors. Maybe to entice you to go out +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kes » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:22 am

darkange wrote:
... the soundtrack in the first town after you leave the forest is absolutely amazing ... too bad the music goes waaay down when you enter a house - you can barelly hear it anymore - if you can change that that would be great +::YAY

Having the music quieter in the houses was because the music = the noise of the town, which will be much less inside.

Sadly, to change it would require a lot of work as it would mean altering it in each and every indoor map through the game to keep it consistent, and then re-uploading.

However, if I have to do a re-upload to fix a bug (please, please, let there be no bugs) then I could amend that town fairly quickly if it's the only one I have to do.

Overall, I'm pleased with the way the music for this game came together. I think I have some great tracks in there.
Kes
Explorer

Postby darkange » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:14 am

Kes wrote:
Having the music quieter in the houses was because the music = the noise of the town, which will be much less inside.

Sadly, to change it would require a lot of work as it would mean altering it in each and every indoor map through the game to keep it consistent, and then re-uploading.

However, if I have to do a re-upload to fix a bug (please, please, let there be no bugs) then I could amend that town fairly quickly if it's the only one I have to do.

Overall, I'm pleased with the way the music for this game came together. I think I have some great tracks in there.

all right Kes... by the way : legendary is too easy so far, for your next game you should make "extra legendary" where enemies have 200% stats and bosses have an aditional skill compared to other mods or something like that - assuming you didnt already implemented that in this one +::biggrin
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:23 am

darkange wrote:
Kes wrote:

all right Kes... by the way : legendary is too easy so far, for your next game you should make "extra legendary" where enemies have 200% stats and bosses have an aditional skill compared to other mods or something like that - assuming you didnt already implemented that in this one +::biggrin

Normal mobs are easy, bosses can be a bit trickier +::Thumbup

How far have you made it?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:26 pm

Indinera wrote:How far have you made it?

For now I left the game in the first town... got to work today and will have some free time tonight to play

will see how it goes with the bosses when I reach a couple of them
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Next

Return to When the Light Dies - Help and Questions