Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:13 pm

kimo wrote:And talking about a taking a long time to figure out something. The battle turn bar at the bottom moves opposite from what I expected being a person who reads from left to right.

Same here but once you figure it out, it's pretty helpful.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:48 am

I just started over from beginning and it worked out. Had the same problem in the woods but like others used the survivor skill to get out. This story is so well written and enjoyable. Afraid I don't have time again to play until Saturday night but it's been a while since I was this excited to get back on a game. Will write more when I finish.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:04 am

Exit from Secret Room 6
I tried posting a screenshot, but as usual I can't work out how this site handles them, so this will have to be a word description.

It wasn't clear from your description whether you meant exit from the room itself or exit from the open patch of trees back onto the path, so here's the answer to the first one.
At the bottom of the screen is a U-shaped bit. The 2 tiles at the bottom of that both give you the exit.
For the second possibility, I've not had any problem getting in and out of there, but just in case I've made a tweak and sent Indy a new version of the map. The hidden path is the tile right next to the base of the trees.

Darkange wrote:question : in the mines, there are some caves that dont seem accessible at all - are they just for design or you can really reach them ?

They are not accessible, though you do see one of them being used in a later cut scene.

@Lady JJ
Thanks for the note about that cash cow and the quest description. I've sent the corrections to Indy.
I'm glad you enjoyed the plot twist. Unexpected but plausible was my intention.
Kes
Explorer

Postby darkange » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:44 am

Is there also a way to see how many prowess points we need for a new skill to be learned on a skill tree ? That would be really helpful
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:47 am

darkange wrote:Is there also a way to see how many prowess points we need for a new skill to be learned on a skill tree ? That would be really helpful

It's there - before you have enough Points to get a particular skill, it's greyed out on the second line of the requirements. The grey is a bit dark, but it should still be legible. Once you have enough for that particular skill it shows white.
Last edited by Kes on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:33 am

The game's been updated with all the latest finds +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby poshpaws » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:18 am

I've not yet played this game but will do owing to all the favourable comments on here. I'd also like to put in a request to the developers for future games regarding the darkness and contrast of some games. I too have an optical condition as I have a severe astigmatism. When the game is too dark I can really struggle to see things. It would be great to have the option to make a game brighter?
poshpaws
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 am

I thoguht I was the only one who noticed that there's quite a lot of passability mistakes in Xerith Woods. Has that been fixed in this latest version as well?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:35 am

I know this question has been asked a lot, but I don't remember the answer. What do I do when I can't download the latest version because Password Has Expired? (Original download email says it expires May 28 but that apparently isn't the case.)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:54 pm

D-Squall wrote:I thoguht I was the only one who noticed that there's quite a lot of passability mistakes in Xerith Woods. Has that been fixed in this latest version as well?

Can you (or someone else) be more precise about what passability mistakes you're referring to? I've just had the player run all round it and couldn't find anything. The player is supposed to be able to under the edges of the trees as they are overhanging.

Or perhaps you're all referring to something else?
Kes
Explorer

Postby darkange » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:22 pm

Indi was right ... the boss was a pain in the ass - restarted the battle 2 times - also the comments in the pub are hilarious when you go back with Bella in town +::lol
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:54 pm

darkange wrote:Indi was right ... the boss was a pain in the ass - restarted the battle 2 times - also the comments in the pub are hilarious when you go back with Bella in town +::lol

I'm pretty crazy about battles so unless you get very lucky you're gonna go thru the same ordeal as me xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:59 pm

poshpaws wrote:I've not yet played this game but will do owing to all the favourable comments on here. I'd also like to put in a request to the developers for future games regarding the darkness and contrast of some games. I too have an optical condition as I have a severe astigmatism. When the game is too dark I can really struggle to see things. It would be great to have the option to make a game brighter?

I was wondering, have you tried to make your monitor as bright as possible, especially when you're playing this game?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:35 pm

The Secret Rooms description says you'll be rewarded for finding 12/16 secret rooms. I found the first 12 but didn't get any reward. The description can be interpreted to mean you'd get a reward for finding at least 12, but a better reward for finding all 16. Is that the case?

Also, I just found my first out-of-sequence secret room. Went from #12 straight to #14. Fortunately there's not much at all between these two, so I'm just going to backtrack a bit.

I'll work on getting some screenshots to you, Kes, about that screen in the forest. It's not something I can do right now, RL calling...
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:56 pm

Lady JJ wrote:The Secret Rooms description says you'll be rewarded for finding 12/16 secret rooms. I found the first 12 but didn't get any reward. The description can be interpreted to mean you'd get a reward for finding at least 12, but a better reward for finding all 16. Is that the case?

That's exactly right. Just before the final boss you will get the rewards, depending on what you found.

Lady JJ wrote:Also, I just found my first out-of-sequence secret room. Went from #12 straight to #14. Fortunately there's not much at all between these two, so I'm just going to backtrack a bit.

Not really out of sequence. You could get #12 before going somewhere, or you could get it after leaving that place and going to where you found #14. I have no way of knowing which way round people might do things.

Lady JJ wrote:I'll work on getting some screenshots to you, Kes, about that screen in the forest. It's not something I can do right now, RL calling...

Thanks
Kes
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to When the Light Dies - Help and Questions