Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:03 pm

darkange wrote:Indi was right ... the boss was a pain in the ass - restarted the battle 2 times - also the comments in the pub are hilarious when you go back with Bella in town +::lol

Part of my thinking was that the ordinary troops would just be chipping away at health and MP for anyone playing Legendary, ensuring they'd have to do some item management if they want to go through a dungeon in one visit. It's the Bosses which are the real challenge in that mode.

Glad you liked that bit of dialogue. Another source of amusement, imo, is Rick's increasing frustration across the game with the party wanting to go somewhere he doesn't want to go. The third section of the world map (last one, so you're nowhere near it yet) is where it really shows!
Kes
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Wow - Bella's Ruthless skill turns her into a powerhouse. She can practically carry the whole party by one-shotting quite a lot of enemies.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:45 pm

littlebro wrote:Wow - Bella's Ruthless skill turns her into a powerhouse. She can practically carry the whole party by one-shotting quite a lot of enemies.

I liked the fear inducing one personally +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:54 pm

Indinera wrote:
littlebro wrote:Wow - Bella's Ruthless skill turns her into a powerhouse. She can practically carry the whole party by one-shotting quite a lot of enemies.

But littlebro is on to something because 'Ruthless' is her passive skill that increases her MAT depending on how many enemies she has defeated (this is in addition to her battle bonuses). So it is Ruthless which makes 'Frighten' so powerful, as also her other skills.

@littlebro
There is something to watch out for, however. The temptation is to maximise her enemy defeats at the cost of the other members of the party. Make sure that she does her share of supporting others to get their defeats as they need their battle bonuses as well. That's where 'Fall at my feet' can be useful - it weakens all the enemies, making it easier for the other party members to finish them off.
Kes
Explorer

Postby gmz26 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:45 pm

I just talked to the mayor and told him that Petra was dead and now I cant leave the mayors room. Every time i try to exit the room it won't let me. Is this a bug or am I missing something. I am enjoying the game up to this point, very well done.
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:47 pm

Kes wrote:
Indinera wrote:

But littlebro is on to something because 'Ruthless' is her passive skill that increases her MAT depending on how many enemies she has defeated (this is in addition to her battle bonuses). So it is Ruthless which makes 'Frighten' so powerful, as also her other skills.

@littlebro
There is something to watch out for, however. The temptation is to maximise her enemy defeats at the cost of the other members of the party. Make sure that she does her share of supporting others to get their defeats as they need their battle bonuses as well. That's where 'Fall at my feet' can be useful - it weakens all the enemies, making it easier for the other party members to finish them off.

I used and abused of that passive skill once I realized how it worked +::wizard great stuff and makes of Bella the second hardest damager of the party (sebastian isn't bad though) +::heart
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:20 pm

gmz26 wrote:I just talked to the mayor and told him that Petra was dead and now I cant leave the mayors room. Every time i try to exit the room it won't let me. Is this a bug or am I missing something. I am enjoying the game up to this point, very well done.

I think I know what may have happened.
Send me your save file and I will fix it for you. My email is gemellegames@gmail.com
Kes
Explorer

Postby kimo » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:31 pm

Kes wrote:
gmz26 wrote:I just talked to the mayor and told him that Petra was dead and now I cant leave the mayors room. Every time i try to exit the room it won't let me. Is this a bug or am I missing something. I am enjoying the game up to this point, very well done.

I think I know what may have happened.
Send me your save file and I will fix it for you. My email is gemellegames@gmail.com

Same thing happened to me and I was looking forward to finally playing for a few hours today. Advise if I should send save file or if you are updating the game again.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:54 pm

I never had a problem there. I do remember there was one house I couldn't leave until I had found all the goodies, but I don't recall where exactly. Maybe try that?

@Kes, found another cash cow. Delverton Forest NE after the battling is complete, there's a skeleton with an unlimited supply of Mystic Shields.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby gmz26 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:58 pm

I dont know how to send my saved file, I think i sent it if i did it wrong let me know.
Last edited by gmz26 on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:02 pm

Lady JJ wrote:

I never had a problem there. I do remember there was one house I couldn't leave until I had found all the goodies, but I don't recall where exactly. Maybe try that?

Yep. Even tried from a previous save and got the same problem. Nothing else to find in the Mayor's office and cannot proceed in the game without talking to the Mayor. I even tried talking to him until he might throw the party out of his house. Oh well. I think it's a new version/save file compatability issue.

We might have to tell Kes about those 2 beta testers we know. 8)

EDIT
@Kes
I just sent my save file via your email above.
Mahalo, Kes, for the quick reply.
Last edited by kimo on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:21 pm

gmz26 wrote:I dont know how to send my saved file

Navigate to the save folder like this, starting from your C drive

Users/whatever your user name is/AppData/Roaming/When the light dies/Saves
Inside that folder are your save files. Send an email with the correct savefile as an attachment.

If you can't see the folder AppData you will need to go into Control Panel. Select File Explorer Options. Select the second tab 'View'. About halfway down select the button 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'
Kes
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:29 pm

Update regarding Xerith Woods North with secret room #6
I sent screenshots to Kes using the email posted above. However, it looks like we're both right, so I can see why Kes was shaking his head over this one. I was able to access the secret room by walking onto the cliff on the left side, then walked on the cliff one or two squares north, and then walked right straight into the blackness. From there I walked around the back of the secret room area and entered the secret room from the blackness. When I exited, I was, of course, brought to the correct entrance to the room (there's a little patch of darker grass leading to that room) and I kept trying to find my way back into the blackness to retreat and then continue on my way. Turns out the path to and from that secret room is a whole lot easier. You just take a left from the main path when you're even with that darker patch of grass. This also explains why the dialogue I got when I entered the secret room didn't make any sense to me at the time as it was all about some bandits and I hadn't yet encountered those bandits when I found the backdoor to the secret room. Once I encountered those bandits, the dialogue made perfect sense. Just some passability issues that led me to find an unintentional back door. :)
Last edited by Lady JJ on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:31 pm

Kes wrote:
gmz26 wrote:I dont know how to send my saved file

Navigate to the save folder like this, starting from your C drive

Users/whatever your user name is/AppData/Roaming/When the light dies/Saves
Inside that folder are your save files. Send an email with the correct savefile as an attachment.

If you can't see the folder AppData you will need to go into Control Panel. Select File Explorer Options. Select the second tab 'View'. About halfway down select the button 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'

You can also just type in
%appdata%
in that same area and it will take you there.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:59 pm

also in Xerith Woods when I click on the waterfall over the entrance to the cave ... the game just freezes - you can see water disappearing and appearing over some cliff but the game freezes basically
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to When the Light Dies - Help and Questions