Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:33 am

I finished the game. I'll post my stats, though I'm not happy with them.

Playtime approx 14 Hours
Secret Rooms 13/16
Quests Completed 7/8
Money found in lost purses 437/437
Exp gained through exploration 1620/1900
Chests found 50/55
Safe Deposit Boxes 1/2
Total Score 450
Excellent exploration skills. You can be trusted to lead any party.

Rick personally defeated 250 enemies, 541 Prowess Points
Anna personally defeated 104 enemies, 148 Prowess Points
Sebastian personally defeated 184 enemies, 458 Prowess Points
Henry personally defeated 56 enemies, 87 Prowess Points
Bella personally defeated 80 enemies, 168 Prowess Points

The first 12 secret rooms were fairly easy to detect, as was #14. I never found #13, #15, #16, so I'm definitely going back to an earlier save and try to find those. I think there must be an entire area I somehow missed that would account for those missing secret rooms, chests and the second safe deposit box.

I'm so glad I bought this game. I loved the characters, the story, the dialogue (which often had me chuckling out loud), and the battles.

Going back to find those secret rooms now....

Edit - I just now found #15 and #16. They are definitely as obvious as the others. I shouldn't have missed them the first time.
Edit2 - Finally found #13, so now I have them all.

Bug-Twilight Scroll. Use it on Anna or Bella and they will learn the spell. Use it on Henry and the scroll is consumed, but Henry doesn't learn the spell.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:40 am

Congratulations!

Bug-Twilight Scroll. Use it on Anna or Bella and they will learn the spell. Use it on Henry and the scroll is consumed, but Henry doesn't learn the spell.

Maybe he is not smart enough, or maybe that's not his 'thing'. +:: +::clap biggrin
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:56 am

Kes wrote:
D-Squall wrote:I thoguht I was the only one who noticed that there's quite a lot of passability mistakes in Xerith Woods. Has that been fixed in this latest version as well?

Can you (or someone else) be more precise about what passability mistakes you're referring to? I've just had the player run all round it and couldn't find anything. The player is supposed to be able to under the edges of the trees as they are overhanging.

Or perhaps you're all referring to something else?

Geez, I'm no longer at the woods, I'm at the tower now. But I could click and walk on a few treetops in the forest. Secret Room 6 for example, I could enter from walking over the treetops instead of under the real passage. Also, after the events on the Inn of Xerith, I could climb the stairs and walk on the black part of the inn.j

At the tower, after I checked the library, the sub-warden is talking to a student. I could walk over that student who say I better talk to the sub-warden. lol
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Kes » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:28 am

darkange wrote:also in Xerith Woods when I click on the waterfall over the entrance to the cave ... the game just freezes - you can see water disappearing and appearing over some cliff but the game freezes basically

When you say that you click on the waterfall, do you mean on the falling water or on the cave at the bottom?
Kes
Explorer

Postby Kes » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:49 am

Lady JJ wrote:I finished the game. I'll post my stats, though I'm not happy with them.

I think for a first play through those are very good stats.

Lady JJ wrote:Rick personally defeated 250 enemies, 541 Prowess Points
Anna personally defeated 104 enemies, 148 Prowess Points
Sebastian personally defeated 184 enemies, 458 Prowess Points
Henry personally defeated 56 enemies, 87 Prowess Points
Bella personally defeated 80 enemies, 168 Prowess Points

If I could make a suggestion - should you re-play this I think it would be a good idea to spread the defeats around a bit more so that all the party members get their bonuses, which include some decent stat increases. I'm not saying that you should try and manipulate the game play too much, which would be tedious, just something to bear in mind. So, for example, using 'Undermine' which will defeat an enemy with low HP and reduce the HP of other enemies to make it easier for the other party members to finish them off.

Lady JJ wrote: the second safe deposit box.

One was in the Albeck region, one in Lamburgh. The first is fairly obvious, the second requires some careful exploration.

Lady JJ wrote:I'm so glad I bought this game. I loved the characters, the story, the dialogue (which often had me chuckling out loud), and the battles.

Thank you. It's so nice to know that you had fun with this.

Lady JJ wrote:Going back to find those secret rooms now....
Edit2 - Finally found #13, so now I have them all.

Great, well done.

Lady JJ wrote:Bug-Twilight Scroll. Use it on Anna or Bella and they will learn the spell. Use it on Henry and the scroll is consumed, but Henry doesn't learn the spell.

It took me quite a while to work out why this should be, but I now know. I'm faced with a choice - either to make extensive changes which might mess up something else, or to simple take Henry off that list. Decisions, decisions.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:58 am

Take off.
Not the profile to want to learn such spell lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:20 am

Kes wrote:When you say that you click on the waterfall, do you mean on the falling water or on the cave at the bottom?

On the falling water... a part of the water dissapears and appears somewhere on a rock falling for no reason and the game stops.
I hope there is not a cutscene or something supposed to be trigered there and I can't acces it because of the bug... I can still enter the cave though.

2.) I still can't see the requirements of prowess points for skills - there are no visuals or skills being greyed out as you say ... I only see the option of "yes" available once the skills has enough prowess points but I don't when that will be ... I just check regularly until I see it
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:01 am

darkange wrote:2.) I still can't see the requirements of prowess points for skills - there are no visuals or skills being greyed out as you say ... I only see the option of "yes" available once the skills has enough prowess points but I don't when that will be ... I just check regularly until I see it

I have never been able to work out how to insert an image in a post on this site, so I have sent one to Indy for him to insert. I have marked with an arrow where you should be seeing the info.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:28 am

There you go.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:01 am

see ... the description about every skill doesnt exist in my game ... when I go with the the box over a skill - there is no description box ... I only click and then it says - do you want to learn it this or not - thats pretty much it ... not sure if it's only in my game or that happens in everbody's game.

I have been playing the entire game so far with no description boxes at all basically
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:41 am

darkange wrote:see ... the description about every skill doesnt exist in my game ... when I go with the the box over a skill - there is no description box ... I only click and then it says - do you want to learn it this or not - thats pretty much it ... not sure if it's only in my game or that happens in everbody's game.

I have been playing the entire game so far with no description boxes at all basically

@darkange-I played the entire game without a description as well. I would save, add the skill blindly, then select skill to see its description, reloading to compare it with another available skill. Just now I loaded a previous save and, lo and behold, if you hover your mouse over the square, the description box appears. Since I don't play with a mouse, I never noticed that before.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:46 am

I never play with a mouse either ... so the mouse shows everything .... daaaaaamn ... wow unreal...

Edit : when I moved with the mouse it said press shift when using keyboard ... mind oficially blown
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:32 pm

Kes wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:Bug-Twilight Scroll. Use it on Anna or Bella and they will learn the spell. Use it on Henry and the scroll is consumed, but Henry doesn't learn the spell.

It took me quite a while to work out why this should be, but I now know. I'm faced with a choice - either to make extensive changes which might mess up something else, or to simple take Henry off that list. Decisions, decisions.

I agree with Indy. Just make it available to either of the two ladies.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Philip's House -Xerith

Postby jas » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:42 pm

When I go in Philip's house in Xerith my game crashes. This is the message that I get:

Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1411: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'move_straight' for nil:NilClass
jas
Peasant

Re: Philip's House -Xerith

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:46 pm

jas wrote:When I go in Philip's house in Xerith my game crashes. This is the message that I get:

Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1411: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'move_straight' for nil:NilClass

Does it happen every time?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to When the Light Dies - Help and Questions