Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

So, there's this relic...

So, there's this relic...

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:04 am

In my first playthrough, there was a relic that I gained from a drop (I think) in the hospital which increased 2 points for all Techs with 19 or more uses. But I don't remember who drops it. Can anyone help me with that?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Re: So, there's this relic...

Postby Indinera » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:47 am

Anyone but me? +::whistle

It's definitely one of the "Army" enemies...
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:09 pm

D-Squall wrote:In my first playthrough, there was a relic that I gained from a drop (I think) in the hospital which increased 2 points for all Techs with 19 or more uses. But I don't remember who drops it. Can anyone help me with that?

I think that's Malic's Comet and it is a possible drop from Odessa Tankers in the coal factory area. I was able to get it during my first play, but unable to get it during NewGame+. I am now in the Coal Offices and I think I am not able to engage more Tankers for a chance at the drop. Since I try to hunt them down, I think it is necessary to leave/reenter maps to respawn the Odessa Tankers until you get the Malic's Comet relic. Too late for me and I missed the Bag of Goodies relic this time so TP costs a lot.

Spoiler: show
To have a chance at a 50% drop of Malic's Comet, the party must not only win 12+ battles with the Odessa Tankers in them, but also defeat an Odessa Tanker during the first turn of a battle. (I have that info from a highly knowledgeable source.)

If you are playing NewGame+ with the women, keep your TP high for the most powerful spells and if you have it then use Salome's Scorpion Dance for its multiple hits, Sienna's Thundercrash, and Rose's Cross Legs. I haven't gotten Oscar's Super Technic abilities yet, so I don't know how damaging he is beyond his Prey skill.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:47 pm

If you are playing NewGame+

A very fun mode +::clap
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:33 pm

kimo wrote:
D-Squall wrote:In my first playthrough, there was a relic that I gained from a drop (I think) in the hospital which increased 2 points for all Techs with 19 or more uses. But I don't remember who drops it. Can anyone help me with that?

I think that's Malic's Comet and it is a possible drop from Odessa Tankers in the coal factory area. I was able to get it during my first play, but unable to get it during NewGame+. I am now in the Coal Offices and I think I am not able to engage more Tankers for a chance at the drop. Since I try to hunt them down, I think it is necessary to leave/reenter maps to respawn the Odessa Tankers until you get the Malic's Comet relic. Too late for me and I missed the Bag of Goodies relic this time so TP costs a lot.

Spoiler: show
To have a chance at a 50% drop of Malic's Comet, the party must not only win 12+ battles with the Odessa Tankers in them, but also defeat an Odessa Tanker during the first turn of a battle. (I have that info from a highly knowledgeable source.)

If you are playing NewGame+ with the women, keep your TP high for the most powerful spells and if you have it then use Salome's Scorpion Dance for its multiple hits, Sienna's Thundercrash, and Rose's Cross Legs. I haven't gotten Oscar's Super Technic abilities yet, so I don't know how damaging he is beyond his Prey skill.

Those are very useful information indeed. The first time I got the Malic Comet was by pure accident, I don't remember if I had killed a Odessa Tanker in my first turn but I did killed more than a dozen of them. I will try killing them in one turn ,it might be a bit tough now because I'm playing Nightmare Mode and Callaghan seems to be the only one who might stand a chance in doing that. But oh well, it was good for me to even be aware of the existence of that relic seems I wasn't paying attention first time I got it, besides, it dropped in the hospital, not much of an use at that part of the game.

Indinera wrote:A very fun mode

I might try that mode after I finish Nightmare Mode.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:36 pm

You can even try NG+ in Nightmare Mode +::wizard

I love this mode because not only it gives you a fixed party but also lets you experiment with the two most under-used characters +::heart
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:39 pm

Indinera wrote:

You can even try NG+ in Nightmare Mode +::wizard

I love this mode because not only it gives you a fixed party but also lets you experiment with the two most under-used characters +::heart

Yes, I even evolved all of Carla and Salome's skills to the max to see what kind of combinations they would learn. Salome's 7 Cataclysm has been very useful against the soldiers, I imagine it would be even more useful on the main game itself.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:57 pm

Oh yes she's really good, a true skill virtuoso (or is it virtuosa? xD) +::biggrin
And she's fast, agile, this can't hurt.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:57 pm

I finished Odessa in Nightmare Mode but still missed 1 relic and 1 animal. :( :( :(
I was so sure that this time I got it all but I didn't. Problem is: I thought I searched/clicked everything and still missed something. Oh well. :(

PS: Yes, I got the Malek Comet.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Rabbit » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:26 am

Congrats! Yes, this is quite a tricky game. Some things appear later in places you already checked! There are clues for this, but they are subtle.

I think the animal that's easiest to miss is Tabitha the Tricky Tricky Mouse, did you get her?

Like you, I got lucky with Malek's Comet in my first play. But I missed the Raven Soul. Did you find that one?

Both are examples of things that need to be rechecked after events have progressed in their areas.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:43 am

Rabbit wrote:Congrats! Yes, this is quite a tricky game. Some things appear later in places you already checked! There are clues for this, but they are subtle.

I think the animal that's easiest to miss is Tabitha the Tricky Tricky Mouse, did you get her?

Like you, I got lucky with Malek's Comet in my first play. But I missed the Raven Soul. Did you find that one?

Both are examples of things that need to be rechecked after events have progressed in their areas.

Speaking of that, would you please be so kind as to post your Memories? +:oops:

viewtopic.php?f=230&t=10179
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:21 pm

Rabbit wrote:Congrats! Yes, this is quite a tricky game. Some things appear later in places you already checked! There are clues for this, but they are subtle.

I remember a mouse but I don't remember the name of it, guess I wasn't counting when trying to finding the animals.

About the Relics, I definetly couldn't find that one you mentioned. The one missing...
Oh well.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:51 pm

This is a good advice though, especially for completionists:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:18 pm

I'm aware of that, especially after playing games like Forever Heroes and Night of the Stars.
I feel very stupid for missing something like that since I'm used to your games and I know that checking stuff after some events might provide new possibilites. +::Dunno
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:19 pm

In general it means additional training and levelling up, so it's not bad, in particular with a game that incites you to also train your skills.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Odessa - Help and Questions