Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Davy's Scrapping By Skill

Davy's Scrapping By Skill

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:23 am

How does this work? The description says Drop Item Double so I expected to get 2 items. But that doesn't happen at all. I'm still getting single items. So what is the purpose of this skill?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Davy's Scrapping By Skill

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:14 am

Lady JJ wrote:How does this work? The description says Drop Item Double so I expected to get 2 items. But that doesn't happen at all. I'm still getting single items. So what is the purpose of this skill?

If I understand the mechanism correctly, it doubles your chances to get a drop item.
So if it had 10%, it now has 20%.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:32 am

And about Gold? When mastered, it says it doubles gold. It actually doubles gold or the chance of getting double gold?

Indinera wrote:If I understand the mechanism correctly, it doubles your chances to get a drop item.

To be honest, I would never think it is actually that. Shouldn't the descrption says something like "10/20% chances of enemies dropping items".
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:39 am

D-Squall wrote:And about Gold? When mastered, it says it doubles gold. It actually doubles gold or the chance of getting double gold?

Indinera wrote:If I understand the mechanism correctly, it doubles your chances to get a drop item.

To be honest, I would never think it is actually that. Shouldn't the descrption says something like "10/20% chances of enemies dropping items".

Exactly. The description is very misleading. I'll need to pay attention to what happens with the amount of gold once it's mastered.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:30 pm

Very misleading? How about totally useless as a description. +::cry

Now I wonder if this would be the trick for getting the a Tank to drop the Malek's Comet relic because there is only a 50% chance even after you have completed the requirements for getting it as a POSSIBLE drop. +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Rabbit » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:51 pm

I played with this skill a bit.

Given the high level of polish in this game, I assumed the skill wasn't broken, but rather the skill description was. "Drop Item Double Chances" would fix it. Even so, it was a rather disappointing skill. The drop items I was interested in seemed to have such low drop chances, doubling those chances did not help much.

When mastered, it does give double gold every fight. It is an appropriate skill for Davy's character, even though someone who takes the time to master (and combine) all the skills does not really need a double gold skill.

I found the combined "super skill" (which uses Scrapping By) made boss fights easy, even on nightmare difficulty.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:10 pm

Yes, the skill wasn't broken, only the description.
And as someone who took the time to evolve the skills for every party members, Davy's Natural Selection was the best. Not only it gives amazing boosts like preventing ailments, but also increases elemental defense.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:45 pm

And about Gold? When mastered, it says it doubles gold. It actually doubles gold or the chance of getting double gold?

No, since gold is a fixed amount, it just doubles it.

As it's a system enrooted in the software, I wasn't entirely sure myself whether that would be double of anything you get, or double chances to get everything, but it looks like it's the latter.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:46 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
D-Squall wrote:And about Gold? When mastered, it says it doubles gold. It actually doubles gold or the chance of getting double gold?

Exactly. The description is very misleading. I'll need to pay attention to what happens with the amount of gold once it's mastered.

That's because I just used the wording of the software (RM MZ) +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:49 pm

D-Squall wrote:Yes, the skill wasn't broken, only the description.
And as someone who took the time to evolve the skills for every party members, Davy's Natural Selection was the best. Not only it gives amazing boosts like preventing ailments, but also increases elemental defense.

Yup he does become quite the protector/manager of the team if you take the time to develop his technics.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Odessa - Help and Questions