Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Mystery Areas

Mystery Areas

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:44 pm

I've started a replay to find all Mystery Areas, Relics, Animals. Despite kicking every wall/object, or so I thought, I'm no better off this playthrough than the first. I'm still #1,#2,#4 but not #3 Mystery Area. This is what I have thus far.

Mystery Areas
Spoiler: show
Mystery Area #1 (Creeper Woods)
Mystery Area #2 (Ashford Mines)
Mystery Area #3 (?)
Mystery Area #4 (Royal Fortress Interior)

Can anyone leave a hint as to where #3 can be found? Thanks.

Animals
Fox (Creeper Woods)
Cobra (Ashford Mines)
Crow (Royal Fortress Exterior)

Relics
Mandragora (Mystery Area #1)
Bag of Goodies (Mystery Area #2)
Galileo Galilei (Mystery Area #4)
I'm assuming I'm missing a relic from Mystery Area #3?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Mystery Areas

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:30 pm

Mystery Area 3: Royal Fortress of Kirim, check the fireplace in a room with a bed in it.

I guess the relic that you are missing at this point is the Scroll of Revelations: MEV15% EXR105% | 1MP and 1 Use of all Technics (with Use>0) per win.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:43 pm

D-Squall wrote:Mystery Area 3: Royal Fortress of Kirim, check the fireplace in a room with a bed in it.

I guess the relic that you are missing at this point is the Scroll of Revelations: MEV15% EXR105% | 1MP and 1 Use of all Technics (with Use>0) per win.

Oh, I wonder if that's why I didn't find it. My first playthrough I had sort of given up actively searching for those mystery areas since I figured I'd missed one in a location prior to the Royal Fortress. It now looks like there are 2 in the Fortress. Thanks for the info. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:23 pm

I have developed a strategy of walking the perimeter of a room to find any ???/!!! and I have missed something every play. Hopefully this time ...

It's probably too late to get that scroll, but it is certainly worth it for the passive +1 skill count it adds.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:32 pm

I was still in the Fortress when I initially posted this query. I now know how I missed it the first playthrough. I was very involved in the dialogue/story first time through. Now that I know the story and am concentrating on the gameplay / mechanics, I am paying much more attention to details. Once you engage Gerald (Nord Warrior) in the Royal Fortress the conclusion of the battle immediately transports you outside the Fortress, giving you no chance to finish exploring. Do all your exploring before you confront Gerald if you want to find those two Mystery Areas and the two relics that are contained therein.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:14 pm

Good thing about these latest games with secret/mystery areas is that there is alwyas a visual clue, which makes much better to notice some secrets areas like the ones in this game.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:16 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I was still in the Fortress when I initially posted this query. I now know how I missed it the first playthrough. I was very involved in the dialogue/story first time through. Now that I know the story and am concentrating on the gameplay / mechanics, I am paying much more attention to details. Once you engage Gerald (Nord Warrior) in the Royal Fortress the conclusion of the battle immediately transports you outside the Fortress, giving you no chance to finish exploring. Do all your exploring before you confront Gerald if you want to find those two Mystery Areas and the two relics that are contained therein.

Yes, same here. First time I play I tend to pay more attention to the story than looking for secrets and second time I tend to look more for secrets since I already know the storyline.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:42 pm

I was very involved in the dialogue/story first time through.

How did you like it?
Any chance for a Memory entry? +:oops:
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:43 pm

D-Squall wrote:Good thing about these latest games with secret/mystery areas is that there is alwyas a visual clue, which makes much better to notice some secrets areas like the ones in this game.

Yup I thought it would improve the gaming experience, plus the ??? for the hidden items too.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:43 pm

D-Squall wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I was still in the Fortress when I initially posted this query. I now know how I missed it the first playthrough. I was very involved in the dialogue/story first time through. Now that I know the story and am concentrating on the gameplay / mechanics, I am paying much more attention to details. Once you engage Gerald (Nord Warrior) in the Royal Fortress the conclusion of the battle immediately transports you outside the Fortress, giving you no chance to finish exploring. Do all your exploring before you confront Gerald if you want to find those two Mystery Areas and the two relics that are contained therein.

Yes, same here. First time I play I tend to pay more attention to the story than looking for secrets and second time I tend to look more for secrets since I already know the storyline.

You can also focus on battle strategies as you play in NG+/++ +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:56 pm

Indinera wrote:

How did you like it?

As soon as I finish this second playthrough, which will take a few days. Then I'll do it. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:09 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
Indinera wrote:

How did you like it?

As soon as I finish this second playthrough, which will take a few days. Then I'll do it. :)

Thanks +::kiss
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:35 pm

Indinera wrote:
D-Squall wrote:Good thing about these latest games with secret/mystery areas is that there is alwyas a visual clue, which makes much better to notice some secrets areas like the ones in this game.

Yup I thought it would improve the gaming experience, plus the ??? for the hidden items too.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind in clicking in every barrel/pot/bush to find items though lol, but it was a good addition.

Indinera wrote:You can also focus on battle strategies as you play in NG+/++

Which I will do it soon. +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:35 am

D-Squall wrote:
Indinera wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind in clicking in every barrel/pot/bush to find items though lol, but it was a good addition.

Indinera wrote:You can also focus on battle strategies as you play in NG+/++

Which I will do it soon. +::biggrin

Enjoy +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Odessa - Help and Questions