Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Slow opening

Slow opening

Postby rickardsh » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:53 pm

I looked, but no one seems to commented on how slow the game is to open. I get that FPS thing in the top left corner, and it can take 5 minutes before the "continue" screen shows up. Sometimes it's right away, but most time I have to wait way too long to begin play.
rickardsh
Peasant

Re: Slow opening

Postby Indinera » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:44 pm

rickardsh wrote:I looked, but no one seems to commented on how slow the game is to open. I get that FPS thing in the top left corner, and it can take 5 minutes before the "continue" screen shows up. Sometimes it's right away, but most time I have to wait way too long to begin play.

Which Windows do you have?
Is it the same with Night of the Stars?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:08 pm

rickardsh wrote:I looked, but no one seems to commented on how slow the game is to open. I get that FPS thing in the top left corner, and it can take 5 minutes before the "continue" screen shows up. Sometimes it's right away, but most time I have to wait way too long to begin play.

Yep, I have the same issue on some occasions. I am running Windows 10, on a Lenovo "Legion" laptop, Indy. And I never had any issue like this with NOTS.

Here's what I have found. First, I don't have the patience to wait 5 mins. for a game to start. When the game hangs on occasion during start, I use <CTL><ALT><DEL> to bring up the Task Manager. Then I find that NWJS (NW.js?) is running 7 instances. It reminds me of ancient problems with TSR (Terminate and Stay Ready) routines. Typically, the game is running 3@ NWJS routines where I would expect only a single instance to be running. I manually shut down the NWJS program and the game quickly starts when I retry.

BTW, @rickardsh, if you press the <F2> key the FPS indicator goes away. I have to press the key twice.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:32 pm

I get 7 NWJS as well. Multiple instances of NWJS is a known issue with this particular RPG Maker. From everything I've read at the support site, fixing the problem lies in the hands of the user and not the developer, which is kind of a shame, because you know it's the developer who's going to be blamed. The problem comes when either your version of NWJS is an earlier version or the game's version is earlier, I don't remember which. And I'm not savvy enough to understand all that's been written about the issue.

Kimo's solution doesn't work for me. What does work for me is moving focus from that game to something else for a few seconds (seconds, not minutes). I usually just open Notepad and then close it. When I close Notepad, focus reverts to the game and the game instantly loads. That's what works for me anyway.

The loading issue was mentioned by at least one user a week or so ago, so you're not alone. I just don't think Indy can do anything on his end. However, I could be wrong about that. Maybe someone else will chime in about a permanent fix. For now, see if either Kimo's solution or mine helps you.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:46 am

That is all... really strange. I can only hope the devs of this software make a good update so that compatibilities are improved.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby rickardsh » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:42 pm

Thanks everyone. It's good to know that I am not the only one experiencing this. I will give your suggestions a try to see what works. Again, much thanks!

BTW, Indinera, here's my system:
Device name Harry-Desktop
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
rickardsh
Peasant

Postby rickardsh » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:50 pm

Just a quick update. I am not seeing multiple items in Task Manager. Sometimes, starting and closing Notepad works, but there are times I have to shut down the game start and re-initiate, then it will open. It is very odd. Also, it is annoying to have to shut that FPS thing off every time I start the game. I have it off in the options, but it still opens on. I hit F2, then have to hit F2 again to kill "ms" tracking.
rickardsh
Peasant

Return to Odessa - Help and Questions