Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

New Game+/NG++

New Game+/NG++

Postby kimo » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:43 pm

No one has made any comments on what I consider to be one of the more interesting aspects of Odessa. So, I guess it’s left to me to entice you to keep playing.

I do not usually play the New Game option in games because the developer’s typical strategy is to keep the party equipped with previous end-of-game weapons, raise the difficulty level of enemies, or some combination that just becomes a more challenging version of the same game.

However, that is not the case with Odessa. The 4-person party becomes either all women or all men with Oscar the dog being optional in both modes. Why anyone would choose to not include Oscar is beyond my comprehension. But this definitely changes the game.

Playing NG+ or NG++ results in an entirely different strategy being used in each mode. For example, the men seem fairly weak in the beginning of NG++ and a lot more focus on party buffs may be necessary before going into attack mode.

Both of these modes allows you to see the power of Super Technics and make you want to replay the original game just so you can try to incorporate a powerful late arrival character like Jimmy or concentrate on a specific character’s skill to master at Lvl. 60 (or even get to lvl. 70) by giving them 2 skill-use based relics.

I left out Oscar after a point in the original game and never realized how powerful Jimmy’s skills were (especially when Infection is mastered). The original game seemed more focused on MP use for me and TP management was tough without using items. I want to replay the original version now and see how different my party member choices would be.

Just try to not get confused with the dialogue exchanges involving characters that are not currently in the party because the story doesn’t change from the original. It’s a bit awkward when your entire party is standing opposite your entire party, but you get over it (or maybe seek professional help?)

What have you experienced with the New Game options? +:::|
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: New Game+/NG++

Postby Indinera » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:07 pm

Thanks for your well detailed feedback.

Personally I adore playing NG+ modes +::biggrin

Generally I'm at the end of the intense playtesting and it totally renews my interest for the game.
In this case you get the advantage of a given party from the start and that never changes, and the opportunity to play some late-joiners from Lv1.
It's extremely fun and engaging to develop, level up, train these new additions, and come up with new strategies to defeat the enemy side.

So in one line, I'm on your side, kimo +::Thumbup +::heart
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Odessa - Help and Questions