Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

How to increase your Skill Uses

How to increase your Skill Uses

Postby kimo » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:11 pm

I realized something when replaying the initial game that I would like to share. As players we are conditioned to win a battle as expeditiously as possible and are typically rewarded by receiving less damage and using fewer restoratives.

Odessa does not reward that behavior and here’s why I say that. If you want to increase the Use Count of a skill, then you have to use it more often. Duh! It follows that the longer a battle lasts, the more turns are available to each character. In the very beginning of the game, it can be easy in certain battles to “waste” a skill use just to increase its count. Think about “Buff” and “Focus” for example. Both are very necessary for Callaghan’s Super Technics but something that is easily overlooked in a short, basic battle. Have him "skip a turn" and use a virtually “useless” skill for that specific battle.

With a little practice conditioning of your battle style, you will gain mastery much earlier in the game if you focus on prolonging certain “easy” battles. Of course, you could simply Grind, but I found this approach works better for me.

Something else to consider is a Relic that passively increasees your Skill Use count such as the “Scroll of Revelations”. Read the parameters of a relic’s use and equip it on a Reserve Party member if possible. They will automatically receive +1 Skill Use per battle without even being in the battle. Just remember it has to be a passive increase relic.

I hope this helps future players and those of us who are crazy enough to play more than once.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: How to increase your Skill Uses

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Of course, you could simply Grind, but I found this approach works better for me.

That's also how I play. So, of course, I like your advice! +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Odessa - Help and Questions