Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Stuck in Karavorks

Stuck in Karavorks

Postby Xena » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:13 pm

I am currently stuck in Karavorks. Having progressed as far as speaking to Captain Rust, he tells you to meet him later. Did not know how to trigger this, so looked at the official guide, it said to go and sleep at the inn again. Sadly I do not have enough gold to do this, so went back to my last saved game at the end of the mines, about to leave for Karavorks.
Spoke to everyone, slept at the Inn, went to upgrade my equipment, and get the training for each character, making sure that I had coins left for the Inn. Then went to where I know the Captain should be, but he is not there? What have I done wrong? Even went to sleep again, but still no Rust. Help!!

Update - managed to get access to Captain Rust in my original save game, but now I cannot see how to get to the Fortress, I spoke to the guard, who is now tired, but don't know how to get past him, is there another way in??
Xena
Peasant

Re: Stuck in Karavorks

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:29 pm

Did you speak to the street con artist?

According to my notes
Spoiler: show
Rust (captain upper part of town, says he knows who Callaghan is and what he wants and that he'll take them to Odessa, meet him at midnight)
Explore the town, go to the Inn and sleep, meet Captain, but he's missing, Callaghan says he sees evidence of a fight, Street con artist tells you to go to the Royal Fortress,

Cutscene Carla in hospital, has left her room and is walking in the corridor, meets Zafirah from Aslakamir in the desert, young maid comes, she's delighted others are taking care of her, maid thinks they're dead, in heaven, and being cared for by Guardian Angels, back to Callaghan and party who are headed out to the Royal Fortress.

Cutscene Rust is being held prisoner in the Royal Fortress by Mackinny
Callaghan's party arrives at Royal Fortress.

Royal Fortress Exterior
Wooden box (Tonic herb)
Closed crate (Tonic orb)
Barrel (Recovery potion)
Wooden box (Recovery orb)
Wooden box (Danger ring)
Wooden box (Tonic potion)
Closed crate (Wooden shield)
Raven (after talking with Dieter, Raven soul)

Rodrigo, the only survivor of his unit of elite warriors, all killed by a dragon, but he killed it and now he wants revenge on the dictatorship of the coal which turned his city into a hellish place, coal is everywhere making all sick not just the miners, Callaghan tells him his quest is to free a friend who is being illegally kept, Rodrigo asks to join his party.

Animals
Dieter (Raven, +5 MP, +303 exp, +13 uses of one skill for selected player)
After Dieter flies away, head back down through the arches and interact with a raven on the left wall, he'll drop R-Raven soul and fly away

Hope this helps.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Stuck in Karavorsk

Postby Xena » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:06 pm

Sadly, not, My problem is that I literally can't find a way into the Fortress of Kirin. I'll know what to do once this is successfully negotiated.

I have watched the cutscene of the three women in some sort of imprisonment, but when it comes back to Callaghan and group there is still no way into the fortress. I have tried talking again to ALL of the characters, including the one in the bottom right corner, but he just says they must be heading to the fortress, and he has never spoken to them before.

HOW do I get into the fortress please - the guard just keeps saying he is tired, and can't understand why people don't sleep when they can. -+::grrr +::surrender
Last edited by Xena on Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xena
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:59 pm

Did you try exiting Karavorsk? Exit the town by the main path to the south (though it looks more like you've hit a wall rather than the road extending out), press ENTER, and you'll get the option to leave. Having just replayed that scene, I can definitely see how pressing ENTER at that site could/would be missed.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Xena » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:38 pm

Thanks Lady 33,

I had tried that exit earlier, but it just kept saying that I needed to get to Odessa. Having tried it again, it is now letting me leave. Stupidly I was trying to get past the guard who was tired. So silly of me for not using the main road!!!

All sorted thank you, must have misplaced my brain cell. +::lol
Xena
Peasant

Return to Odessa - Help and Questions